EasyFreight Group and our associated companies are committed to protecting our customer privacy and takes its responsibility regarding the security of customer information very seriously. We will be clear and transparent about the information we are collecting and what we will do with that information.
This Policy sets out the following:
• What personal data we collect and process about you in connection with your relationship with us as a customer and through your use of our website.
• Where we obtain the data from;
• What we do with that data;
• How we store the data;
• Who we transfer/disclose that data to;
• How we deal with your data protection rights;
• And how we comply with the data protection rules.
• All personal data is collected and processed in accordance with UK and EU data protection laws.
What personnel Data we collect from you.
Personal data means any information relating to you which allows us to identify you, such as your name, contact details, and information about your access to our website.
Specifically, we may collect the following categories of information:
A. Name, e-mail address, telephone number & IP Details
B. Information about your purchases
C. The communications you exchange with us or direct to us via letters, emails, calls, and social media.
Why do we use your personnel Data for and for how long?
A. Providing products and services you request: we use the information you give us to perform the services you have asked for in relation to your order, including requested Delivery changes, and possible equivalent products to complete your order.
B. Contacting you in the event of an order change or cancellation: we send you communications about the goods you have purchased for and any changes to such purchases. These communications are not made for marketing purposes and cannot be opted-out of; (How can we ship your orders without your delivery details)
C. Customer Services communications: we use your data to manage our relationship with you as our customer and to improve our services and enhance your experience with us;
D. Marketing: from time to time we will contact you with information regarding, promotions and back in stock products via e-communications. You will have the choice to opt in or opt out of receiving such communications by indicating your choice at the registration stage on our web site.
We will only process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the reasons we have collected and need to use your personal data for.
In most cases we will need to process your personal data so we can process & deliver any orders you have placed.
We may also process your personal data for one or more of the following:
• You have consented to us using your personal data (e.g. for marketing related uses);
We will not retain your data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose it is being processed for. To determine the appropriate retention period, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the purposes for which we process it.
We must also consider periods for which we might need to retain personal data in order to meet our legal obligations (e.g. HMRC where invoicing records and turn over for annual book keeping.
When we no longer need your personal data, we will securely delete or destroy it.
We follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data, and to protect it against accidental loss, destruction or damage
All payment details are transmitted via PayPal and stored in compliance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
We (EASYFREIGHT GROUP and our associated companies) do NOT keep any of your personnel Credit / Debit Card details, all transactions are processed through our widely know and respected payment service, PayPal.
Sharing your personnel Data:
We do not, ever, share your details outside of the EASYFREIGHT GROUP
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request information about whether we hold personal information about you, and, if so, what that information is and why we are holding/using it.
• Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
• Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
• Object to automated decision-making including profiling, that is not to be subject of any automated decision-making by us using your personal information or profiling of you.
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request transfer of your personal information in an electronic and structured form to you or to another party (commonly known as a right to “data portability”). This enables you to take your data from us in an electronically useable format and to be able to transfer your data to another party in an electronically useable format.
• Withdraw consent. In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Changes to our Private Policy.